Do You Struggle with Anxiety?
Generalised anxiety disorder is experienced by around 6 in 100 adults in the UK, and is usually categorised as someone experiencing several the following symptoms:
- Feeling like you can’t stop worrying.
- Depersonalisation – a type of dissociation wherein you feel as though you are outside of yourself or watching your life as if it were a movie.
- Derealisation – another type of dissociation. When experiencing derealisation, you may feel disconnected from the world, or that the world isn’t real.
- A churning feeling in your stomach.
- Having panic attacks.
- Headaches, backaches, and other aches and pains.
Please note that the above is just a selection of many symptoms and, as touched upon, everyone experiences anxiety in their own way. If you feel like you are struggling with anxiety, there is help, and along with getting in touch with the experts, there are things that you can start to do at home.
Several things that you can do to help alleviate your anxiety at home include:
- Talk to someone you trust.
- Breathing exercises.
- Keeping a diary.
- Sleep – give yourself enough time to get enough sleep.
- Diet – eat regularly and keep your blood sugars level.
- Be active – regular, physical exercise is good for the body and mind.
- Try meditation.
It is also important to remember that professional help is available. Dr Gurpreet Kaur is a registered, professional psychologist with vast experience with anxiety counselling in Surrey. She can utilise a number of evidence-based therapies in order to tackle the condition with the needs and requirements of the client in mind at all times.
Get in touch with Dr Gurpreet Kaur for professional anxiety counselling in Surrey by filling out the online enquiry form.